Monday, 7 September 2026

Boot Sale Bargain Bonanza!


The book of the BBC TV series 


Not seen this one before, a great doorstop of a tome that I will review in more detail in a later post.


Again, not seen this one before so will report back later.


An Ian Allan title containing everything you wanted to know about the V1 flying bomb. There are 15mm models available of this so setting up a ‘down the V1’ style of game should be easy enough. It should be a blast!…. Best take another look at Operation Crossbow methinks.

Yesterday morning saw Laurel and I heading out to our local boot sale for our usual Sunday morning bargain hunt. Laurel had a list of around five things she was looking - and surprisingly managed to get every one! I was largely resigned to the fact that the pickings for me were going to be decidedly slim as we approached the last couple of less than proposing looking stalls. Would there be anything that I would be interested in?

Winding back from this slightly, I had managed to capture a copy of the BBC book about the Special Operations Executive during WW2 for 50p so in fairness was not entirely displeased with the mornings activities. It was when we visiting the penultimate stall that all this changed though.

Not one, not two but three books of interest, in good condition and for 50p each! It made for a very happy blogger indeed! 

4 comments:

  1. I do like a car boot, I had a good Sunday morning at one as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Simon,

      I do not normally score like this but was delighted with the haul! It was definitely a great Sunday morning.

      All the best,

      DC

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Hi Ray,

      £2 for the lot - can’t complain at that price!

      All the best,

      DC

      Delete