Monday, 28 September 2026

Getting Your Kicks When Aged 66….


From the top, a bottle of Gordon’s Gin acquired from the duty free shop at Malaga airport this year (so I knew about this!), two very appreciated books along with some Spanish lager from my son (no pictures of the latter as it was consumed yesterday!) and a very useful set of Vallejo paints for RAF day fighters 1941 to 45. Really pleased with the latter as I have a number of Axis and Allies aircraft to repaint for the period.

Well another revolution of the sun has occurred and so today I celebrated my 66th birthday. It has been a quiet, family affair and as I write this the roast beef for dinner is fast approaching readiness! As is customary I wanted to share the details of the prezzie haul and so the picture above shows the key elements of interest, unless of course you wanted to see me modelling my new dressing gown….

Laurel and I spent a pleasant couple of hours this afternoon at a nearby nature reserve, feeding the wildlife and taking in the air. How very rock and roll….

It has been a quite lovely day.

 

11 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday! It looks like you had a great day and some great presents!

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bob,

      It was and I certainly did!

      All the best,

      DC

      Delete
  2. Happy birthday sir and many more of them!! Nice additions too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Donnie,

      Thank you kindly sir and yes, the additions were very nice and uncannily timely!

      All the best,

      DC

      Delete
  3. Happy birthday David. Funnily enough I also have a birthday coming up and am contemplating something equally wild like visiting a castle or a stately home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Martin,

      Living life on the edge eh? I have a theory that youth is wasted on the young….

      All the best and hope to see you in a couple of weeks.

      DC

      Delete
  4. Echoing many happy returns. The Mark Harris book is really good, and the next volume is due out this coming February.

    ReplyDelete