Tuesday 17 March 2015

Much Ado about Something.....

As usual it has been busy at work and also over the last weekend but whilst the wargames have had to take a back seat the time has been productive in other ways. My daughter Holly has finally settled on the University she will be going to in September - there were only two in the UK that run the combined honours degree she wants to study - and so after a day long visit to Canterbury and much discussion she has settled on Reading. I am delighted for her as whilst Canterbury is easier to get to Reading is far better for her needs. She demonstrated an impressive rationale for her choice and had obviously researched the campus and facilities in great detail - her maturity and focus around her decision were sources of much parental pride I don't mind saying!

On the gaming side I have achieved little other than to catch up on some reading and to work my way through the World at War on BBC IPlayer. I am really enjoying this series and it is making the daily commute almost a joy to undertake!

One thing I have arranged though is to visit the Navwar shop at Seven Kings (around 30 minutes from me) this coming Saturday to pick up a few bits and pieces. I am after some additional 1/1200th ancient warships to finish off the Salamis collection although I may add some additional Roman types for the Civil War. I also want to take a look at some of the Naismith 15mm figures for a couple of Blucher inspired ideas I am flirting with.

I will also be posting later in the week once a couple of mystery parcels have arrived....;-)

4 comments:

The Good Soldier Svjek said...

Good Lord ! is Navwar still going ???? - I remember ordering from them 40 + years ago !, Tony

David Crook said...

Hi Tony,

Still going strong although the shop only opens for a limited time on a Saturday. Back then the shop was called the New Model Army and was in Manor Park. Prior to that I believe it was called Wall Models although I stand to be corrected on that.

All the best,

DC

WSTKS-FM Worldwide said...

Congratulations to your family and your (sounds like) very focused and mature daughter. Exciting times!

Best Regards,

Stokes

David Crook said...

Hi Stokes,

Many thanks old chap! Holly, my daughter, has a very focussed and wise head on her shoulders - which she certainly does not get from me!

All the best,

DC