Monday 17 January 2022

Battlefleet - Volume 38, No. 2 and ‘Der Tag’ Take 2


58 pages of naval wargaming goodness - but the last ever printed edition

 This will be probably be the last post for a while due to ‘Der Tag’ on Thursday - we are now isolating following Laurel’s pre op Covid swab this morning - so it was rather pleasing to be temporarily shutting up shop, so to speak, on a high!


The contents therein

Battlefleet is of course the journal of the Naval Wargames Society and the issue you see above is the final printed version that will be published. I was delighted to have an article included about my ACW collection  - most of which has been has been seen on the blog at some point - and was also pleased to see another ACW article which I may well try myself.

My small Warbases order arrived so my movement trays now have their small d6s for recording strength points - all I need to do now is to paint the trays and organise the magnetic strip. The trays will be used before that though as the bare MDF itself is not that bad to look at. Also in the package was some additional hull templates - the largest size I use, both the plain hull and also the main deck with holes for masts and a notch for the bowsprit.


There are two of each and at present the mast deck is not glued in place as I shall be painting it separately

I was so inspired by the arrival of my Warbases order (little things and all that!) that I immediately slapped some glue on to some hulls that have been lurking around in a barely started condition on the modelling desk. They have moved up from barely started to started so that may be where my next building project takes me. As a little piece of fun, and with no prizes on offer other than the accolade if correct, do you have any idea what these they may be shaping up to be?

See you all on the other side.



10 comments:

Steve J. said...

Great to hear that you had an article published, which must be rather nice:). Good luck for 'Der Tag'!

David Crook said...

Hello there Steve J,

It was good to see the article in print and I hope that the NWS membership enjoy it. Many thanks re ‘Der Tag’ - it will be an anxious couple of days until Thursday but fingers crossed all will be well!

All the best,

DC

The Jolly Broom Man said...

Fingers crossed for you both mate.

David Crook said...

Hello there JBM,

Thank you old chap. It will be good to get it over with and the only worry at the moment is that there will be another postponement.

Fingers etc are firmly crossed!

All the best and many thanks once again,

DC

Archduke Piccolo said...

Wishing you and yours all the best for 'The Day', David -
Cheers,
Ion

David Crook said...

Hello there Archduke,

Many thanks old chap - much appreciated.

All the best,

DC

The Good Soldier Svjek said...

Good luck with the op and nice to see yourself in print .

David Crook said...

Hello there Good Soldier Svjek,

I must confess that seeing the article cheered me up no end! Many thanks re the op - we are poised at the ready and Laurel is keen to get it over with!

All the best,

DC

Aly Morrison said...


All unnecessary digits crossed for Laurel on Thursday…

Russo-Turkish War…

All the best. Aly

David Crook said...

Hello there Aly,

I am concerned at the thought of you having unnecessary digits - do you not need them all? ;-) Many thanks though - much appreciated!

You are quite correct - Russo Turkish War it is!

All the best,

DC