Saturday 13 June 2009

Boot Sale Bargains

Another Saturday and another visit to the boot sale at Sadlers Farm. This was a really good visit as I picked up the following:

An unread hardback complete Lord of the Rings (Harper Collins 2007 edition with all the appendices etc) in immaculate condition with dust jacket and at a RRP £30 which cost me £3!

An omnibus hardback edition containing Bram Stokers Dracula, The Lair of the White Worm and Dracula's Guests (various assorted short stories) in pristine condition - this cost me 50p

The two disc special edition DVD of the film Independence Day with Will Smith costing 50p - cheesy I know but entertaining none the less!

The DVD of Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon for 50p

A selection of classic WW2 films on DVD (originally given away with one of the newspapers) for 20p each comprising the following:

Hell in the Pacific
The One That Got away
Ice Cold in Alex
The Wooden Horse
Angels One Five
Dunkirk
Sea of Sand
First of the Few
They Who Dare

So, for a total expenditure of £6.30 I have more than enough to keep me occupied in reading material and viewing for some to come. Needless to say I am a very happy bunny at the moment - and it was all so inexpensive which makes it even better!

No comments: