Tuesday 13 April 2010

Variation on a Balkan War

Readers may like to take a look at the http://interbellumimaginations.blogspot.com/ blog recently set up by Bob Cordery. The content is set around the design and use of 'Imagi-nations' set during the 1920s and 30s. The recent release of 'A Very British Civil War' should give you an idea of the type of thing you will find and for my own part I will be using the Balkan and WW1 collection in due course to fight the epic campaigns of the Balkrunian Empire against their mortal enemies from Karagoz.The armies I use will be conventional historical versions but I intend to add vehicles, ships and aircraft where few or none existed. This gives me a good excuse to paint up some WW1 vehicles and to finally make use of the Minifigs 1/1200th scale WW1 ships.

Call it alternate history or even fantasy but the use of so called 'Imagi-nations' is probably as old as war gaming itself although recently has tended to be more 18th century driven. Setting up and running such a 'nation' is very therapeutic and a lot of fun and adds a further dimension to the enjoyment of gaming in my opinion - besides, how else would I be able to add armoured units and dreadnought Battleships to Balkan forces in 1918?

No comments: