I am confident I have achieved this although I feel that I should acknowledge the shortcuts and deficiencies in the construction of the models I have built - if only because I am well aware of them!
- None of my models follow any attempt at scaling - although I have tried to ensure that relative size differences can be seen.
- Angles of armour etc has been based purely on what I can easily work with so that means 45 degrees - for everything!
- Funnels are too thick and too short.
- Gun ports are one size and design regardless of what they actually looked that - again for convenience.
- There are no masts or ships boats present.
- Much fine detail has been left off - anchors, ladders and such like.
- Pilot houses are usually the wrong shape and in the wrong place.
- Paddle boxes are all one size - again this is for convenience.
- Many ships had 'flaring' to merge the paddle box into the line of the hull - I have not bothered - mainly for convenience.
There are probably a lot more points I could add but that will be sufficient for the purposes of this post.
The simple fact is that I have made these models in a basic fashion for ease and convenience (not to mention cost!). They are gaming pieces pure and simple and as such are purely representational and not examples of the fine scale modellers art.
I feel so much better for having gotten that off my chest....;-)