Wednesday 13 April 2011

"Picture This,"....(and no, it's not a Blondie moment!)


I was having a little tidy up in the photos section of my PC before it goes into dry dock at the weekend and I was amazed to see just how many pictures I had taken not only my scratchbuilds but also downloaded from the net and used to illustrate many of my posts. Pretty much most of these have come Wikipedia although a few have been copied from various specific sites. I also made use of the really nice pictures contained in the Thoroughbred Model catalogue - I actually used some of these as my desk top wallpaper whilst I was building the model in question as inspiration. Of course, the most important pictures that are missing are those featuring the models painted and in action and I am hoping to rectify this over the succession of long weekends we have coming up - Easter, the Royal Wedding and the Mayday bank holiday.


At the risk of repeating myself (and simply because I was so pleased at how she turned out!) the picture above came out of my newly organised ACW archive and is of the fearsome Confederate casemate ironclad, the Louisiana.


2 comments:

David Manley said...

Looking forward to seeing what these look like after a trip to the pain shop :)

David Crook said...

Hi Dave,

So am I! I have enjoyed the building but am now keen to get them into action. There will pics a plenty when that happens!

All the best,

DC