Thursday, 28 April 2011
What the Well Dressed Blogger is Wearing this Season
First of all a small apology is in order as my two nominations for this most prestigious of awards were in fact received a few days ago but rather embarrassingly I was unable to post the links onto the blog entry as I had intended. It turns out that I have been using an older version of the blog drafting facility! This has now been rectified so my entries will now be more up to date in how they are entered.
It is always nice to receive an award - even as a piece of fun - and so I am delighted to thank both El Grego over at Mini Ship Gaming and my old Antipodean friend Tas at the Man Cave for their nominations.
The Stylish Blogger Award Rules
The award rules are:
Thank and link back to the person (or persons) who nominated you this award.
Share seven things about yourself.
Nominate ten to fifteen great bloggers.
Contact these bloggers and tell them about the award!
7 Things about myself
1. The first ever plastic model I can remember making on my own was a Revell Polikarpov I-16 - it was a glue smeared disaster!
2. I was born on the Isle of Sheppey and lived a stone's throw from the former Royal Naval dockyard at Sheerness.
3. I am a huge admirer of T.E. Lawrence and visited his grave near Bovington some years ago (I am planning to do the same later this year - as well as the Tank Museum and his cottage at Clouds Hill).
4. Despite my passion for all things naval I have never been aboard HMS Belfast despite working about 5 minutes away from her!
5. I enjoy anything associated with the history of the Middle East - especially Turkey.
6. When I left school I wanted to join the RAF and went through the air crew selection process at Biggin Hill - I did not get through.
7. I am a frustrated writer - with a half finished novel awaiting some attention as well as my 'Blovel' - having a netbook has been a real help with this!
The list of blogs I could nominate will probably not contain any great surprises and so, in time-honoured tradition and in no particular order, the blogs are as follows:
1. Wargaming Miscellany My old friend Bob Cordery - if you have not read this then do yourself a huge favour and do so - it is quite simply inspiring and vastly entertaining!
2. SteelonSandBlog For anything small scale this is a great read and is always chock full of pictures etc and some stunning modelling of the 'how on earth has he done that?' variety.
3. Balkan Wargamer For anything Balkans related this is worth a look and BalkanDave really knows his stuff.
4. the Man Cave Madness and mayhem - Antipodean style! A great read and lots of laughs with some great reviews and some really off the wall stuff.
5. Mini Ship Gaming El Grego and his life and times - thought provoking and very good on 'what I am doing and where I am up to so far' kind of topics. Not prolific but well worth the read.
6. Don't Throw Bloody Spears At Me! Lots of varied and intersting stuff ranging from naval through the Sudan via WW1 and much more besides.
7. Geordie's Big Battles Great battle reports and some lovely eye candy - the naval pictures are always very well done.
8. Megablitz and more Tim Gow and his world - lots of Megablitz stuff and much more besides - I especially like the Command and Colours games he fights using figures.
9. Yours in a White Wine Sauce! My old friend Tas again - devoted to VSF in all its glory and as a matter of personal note - the first blog I ever contributed to.
10. The Single Handed Admiral Peter Douglas with his naval blog which I am watching with extreme interest - nice one Peter - thanks for the Ironclads in Action link!
11. Bleaseworld Mr Blease and his many and varied wargaming adventures - always good to drop by at.
So there you have, probably not many surprises in that list but each and every one of them has given me much enjoyment over the time I have been in the blogging world and long may they continue to do so.