Friday 8 August 2014

Arabs and Artillery

 
The picture above was of the figures I received from Bob - he had very kindly sent me this so I could see what the models were like. Note the double-barrelled 77mm field gun sans the trail on the left - now happily rectified.

Well talk about outstanding customer service! You will recall from my last post that I had met with Bob Cordery on Tuesday and collected via our exchange a couple of bags of B and B Miniatures Arab tribesmen and three German 77mm field guns - one of which was missing the trail but had doubled up on the gun barrel. I contacted B and B  on Wednesdayto place a small order and asked if it was possible to get a replacement trail - which I was more than happy to pay for.

This was agreed (and gratis I might add) and so imagine my surprise when I got home this evening - two days after placing the order - to receive not only the pack of Arabs but two trails, two gunshields and two pairs of wheels. Absolutely first class service and so now I have four complete 77mm field guns.

I am really pleased with this and am now casting covetous eyes over the WW1 East African range. At this rate I will soon be joining the big boy's club with my very own unpainted lead mountain!

5 comments:

Archduke Piccolo said...

Sounds like the beginnings of a fine project!

Ray Rousell said...

Sounds interesting??

David Crook said...

Hi Archduke,

More of an expansion to an existing set up if I am honest. The Middle Eastern collection has a rather modest artillery park so these will make a welcome addition. The Arabs are the foot element to go with the 30 odd cavalry and camelry.

The Sanusi add is really the newest part - and it gives me a good excuse to get some Rolls Royce armoured cars!

All the best,

DC

David Crook said...

Hi Ray,

Watch this space as they say!

All the best,

DC

David Crook said...

Hi Stu,

Actually I am now better off by one complete gun - I now have four rather than 2 and a bit!

All the best,

DC