Monday 24 November 2014

Two Shades of Grey - WIP

Following on from last post I spent some quality time yesterday working on the remaining 18 battleships for the Royal Navy. All of the models have had the two shades of grey dry brush applied and so the next phase will be the decks. As mentioned previously I have a couple of spare evenings this week so the plan is to use that to tackle this - it is the fiddliest part of the process - with the intention of finishing them all by the close of play on Sunday next.

In the meantime (and to get myself motivated after the events of last weekend) I have been reviewing the various rules options for the project and am now a lot closer to deciding what I want to do and how I want to do it.

More of which later....;-)

2 comments:

Bluebear Jeff said...

David,

Another thing to help inspire you is to watch some videos of naval which get your juices flowing.

I don't know if there are any Jutland-specific films (not my period of interest) but most any good naval combat film is likely to help inspire you.


-- Jeff

David Crook said...

Hi Jeff,

I may well drag out Sink the Bismarck, the Battle of the River Plate or the Cruel Sea just for the sheer hell of it!

All the best,

DC