Tuesday 16 January 2024

Fitting out


The business end - I was struck by the angular shape that seems to feature in more and more modern warship designs.


The view from the stern. Note the steering cover on the stern.

Two posts in one day?! I can’t remember the last time I managed that!

Further progress with the C.S.S. Tennessee. After having cleaned up the filled sections I then set about adding the gun port covers. These are not the right shape but hey ho - neither are the vast majority of all the others in the collection! I drilled out a hole for the flagstaff and added a piece of plastic card to the stern - this is the cover for the steering assembly. 

The next step will be to organise the funnel and the flagstaff. I always paint these before I fix them to the model as I find easier than having to paint around a circle! Once these have been sourced the whole lot can be sealed prior to undercoating.

She will be ready to join the rest of the collection by the weekend.

Now, about Mobile Bay….

2 comments:

Aly Morrison said...

It is indeed a very modern looking design David…
Goes to prove that nothing is new in the world…

All the best. Aly

David Crook said...

Hi Aly,

You may well be right!

All the best,

DC