Sunday 7 July 2024

Boot Sale Bargain - At Last!


This has got carnage written all over it!


Cue the Conan soundtrack album - or maybe not!

Despite the erratic nature of the weather recently - wind, rain and blue skies, usually in quick succession and in no particular order - Laurel, holly and I popped out for a short while to the local-ish boot sale for a few hours. As expected it was quite sparse in terms of sellers and none of us were expecting any great bargains.

Until I saw the above that is!

This is a tongue in cheek game of back stabbing, stealing treasure and (hopefully) killing assorted monsters and is described as being a dungeon crawl without the role playing stuff. I am all for fun games, if not down right silly even, as they are a nice change from the more serious games we routinely play.

The game is complete and to be honest looks barely used and cost me the princely sum of £4 which is a small price to play for the laughs this will generate.

One for the family at Christmas as well - it will make a change from Monopoly (and the ‘frank exchanges of opinion’ that usually ensue!) - as it is designed for three to six players.

Boot sale pickings have been very slim of late so this was a most welcome way to break the dry spell. I may even look out some of the other Munchkin titles. Just for a laugh naturally!

6 comments:

Jim Duncan Wargamer said...

Munchkin is an absolute hoot.

Elliesdad said...

I don’t play any of the Munchkin titles, but John Kovalic’s artwork is really impressive. He really is a great artist and I especially enjoyed his Dork Tower comic (which, in turn, got me interested in Jolly R Blackburn’s Knights of the Dinner Table).
Cheers,
Geoff

Donnie McGibbon said...

Not a game I have seen before but the graphics make it look like it will be a fun game, nice find.

David Crook said...

Hi Jim,

It looks suitably anarchic and therefore highly desirable as a club night game! I have often seen other Munchkin variants but have never taken the financial plunge - at least this way the outlay was very reasonable!

All the best,

DC

David Crook said...

Hi Geoff,

Not familiar with either the artist or the Dork Tower but will make it my business to rectify this shortcoming!

All the best,

DC

David Crook said...

Hi Donnie,

The graphics suit the cartoon level of gameplay and for an unused as new copy for the price (new it goes for around the £35 mark from the limited research I have undertaken) I could hardly turn it down!

All the best,

DC