Monday 9 September 2024

Steamer Wars Tactical Rules Hexed Adaptation


Delighted to get this out in the world and looking forward to developing and expanding the system

Its here! Today sees the publication of Steamer Wars Tactical Rules Hexed Adaptation (phew!) via David Manley’s Long Face Games label and available from the Wargames Vault for £3.50. This version contains only the tactical rules - the original version has the campaign system and Spicer-Simson’s own account as described at a lecture.

My thanks to David Manley for allowing me to take this on and I have to say that it has not only been a lot of fun but it has also firmly cemented my resolve around the Africa/Arabia/Madasahatta campaign idea! I plan to add further ships to the Lake Tanganyika collection and then it will be on to the Rufiji Delta, followed by West Africa and finally the Red Sea.

As it stands I am looking at building around 15 assorted cruisers, a couple of monitors and two or three pre-dreadnought battleships - all in my usual simple style and designed to offend the purist!

This is going to be a whole lot of fun!

12 comments:

Simon said...

Got it!

The Jolly Broom Man said...

Well done mate - I’ll order a copy later today.

Robert (Bob) Cordery said...

David,

Looking good!

All the best,

Bob

David Crook said...

Cheers Simon! Let me know your thoughts - the good thing about Wargames Vault is that any amendments etc can be easily factored in and a revised edition sent out. I will be adding to the rules in due course as I want to expand the system to allow for larger ships but will discuss with David when we meet up in a couple of weeks.

All the best and enjoy!

DC

David Crook said...

Hello old chap, Many thanks on both! Pre dreadnoughts will feature in due course… :-)

All the best,

DC

David Crook said...

Thanks Bob! Wait till you see what is coming next!

All the best,

DC

Aly Morrison said...

Hurrah!
Well done and congratulations old chap…

All the best. Aly

David Crook said...

Thanks Aly - there is a whole lot of other stuff I will be adding to this in due course.

The butterfly is in a standard orbit over Africa and the Arabian peninsula….

All the best,

DC

Jim Jackaman said...

Excellent 👌 Well done David!

David Crook said...

Thanks Jim! It was fun to do along with making the models and fighting the first battle - really pleased with every aspect of this mini (or should that be Mimi?) project.

All the best,

DC

Glory to Ruritania said...

Congratulations David that is wonderful news!! I will order my copy today. Best wishes - Quinn

David Crook said...

Thanks Quinn! Enjoy the rules and be advised - they are quite addictive!

All the best,

DC