This post should really be called 'Making a Silk Purse from a Sow's Ear' because that is pretty much what I have done! If you recall I discarded the entire bridge assembly from the Majestic as it was a badly cast lump. In fact, it looked as though one half was upside down when viewed from ahead. My plan was to make use of some Milliput to fashion a replacement and so this was duly acquired from Modelzone earlier today.
I don't know why but I started to take another look at the offending bridge; mainly to see how the new one should look - and so I took a file to it to get a clearer view of the layout. You can probably guess the rest - after some judicious application of a file or two, blow me if the bridge miraculously turned into that which is was supposed to be! I am really pleased by this and I guess that the moral is just because something looks grim doesn't necessarily mean it is!
This now means that the models I have are ready for phase two of the plan - the moulding and casting.
To use a certain sporting/urban expression - 'Bring it on!'