Wednesday 20 February 2013

Man Cave....Redux


Man Cave Redux - note the authentic 400 year old hand crafted Turkish rug. I must confess that I had no idea that Ikea were sponsors of this ancient Middle Eastern craft....;-)


Phew! After a day spent unloading units, taking units apart, put units back together in different places and then reloading them (and realising that certain items from the collection fitted better in other locations) I have finally finished the revamped man cave!

The main changes are that I have now have all the bulky stuff at the end of the loft and the slimmer stuff - the book collection - is now along the sides. This has given me extra floor space and the big advantage of this is that I can now deploy a 6ft by 4ft playing area with room to walk around it should I choose. I usually use a 5ft by 3ft table as this fits a 13 x 9 Hexon (aka the standard Command and Colours playing area) very tidily.

Now this is done I can finally concentrate on getting some games in and also, more importantly, I can focus on the painting and modelling required for the various projects I have in mind.

Ships first though - once my Stonewall Order arrives!

14 comments:

Bluebear Jeff said...

Looks good, sir. Well except for the table . . . it needs figures on it to make it right.

Nevertheless you should be proud of it.


-- Jeff

The Angry Lurker said...

That's a very nice neat set up David!

tradgardmastare said...

Great looking set up.May you have many enjoyable games in it.

Chris Kemp said...

It looks very cosy!

Kind regards, Chris

Robert (Bob) Cordery said...

David,

This looks even better than your original arrangement ... and that was good. You really do have a proper wargames room you can be proud of, and with plenty of space to fight that battles that want to stage.

Well done; I cannot wait to come and see it for myself!

All the best,

Bob

Tim Gow said...

That looks remarkably tidy. I'm guessing it won't last....

David Crook said...

Hi Jeff,

I hope to rectify that glaring oversight very soon!

(Hopefully tis coming Sunday to be exact!)

All the best,

DC

David Crook said...

Hi Fran,

It looks a whole better this way round and crucially I can get at theng asily and without having to move lots of stuff around.

All the best,

DC

David Crook said...

Hi Tradgardmastare,

I am looking forward to christening the table with a game in the near future - and hope to finally get some figures in action.

All the best,

DC

David Crook said...

Hi Bob,

Many thanks old chap! It makes a lot more sense having the room this way round and being able to fight a battle using both sides of the table is big advantage - also for taking pictures as well.

Using the 5ft by 3ft table with a 13 x 9 Hexon playing area makes for a nicely compact set up.

When you swing over for our game you will really notice the difference!

All the best,

DC

David Crook said...

Hi Tim,

You should have seen it 8 hours earlier - you could not see the floor let alone stand on it!

I will try to keep it tidy and the storage is only around fifty percent full as everything is quite spread out at the moment.

Room for more toys and I am hoping to address this on Sunday at Tonbridge....;-)

All the best,

DC

Unknown said...

Stellar!!!!
Organization is a wonderful thing*
Good wargaming David ... Jeff

David Crook said...

Hi Chris,

It is very cosy and a great place to think and fight wargames.

All the best,

DC

David Crook said...

Hi Jeff,

It is good to have gotten it finished and the reorganisation has given me sufficint space to allow for some growth.

I am hoping this will now kick start some of the projects I have in mind.

All the best,

DC