Friday 4 November 2011

Back in 1936....


A Spanish Dreadnought of the Espana class - the smallest of the type ever built

Now that the painful part of deciding what I should be doing in respect of the 19th century has been settled it with a sense of relief that I am able to head back (or rather forward) to the pressing business in hand of the Spanish Civil War, or at least the naval portion thereof.

I have managed to complete the labels for the model bases and the ships are now under the file in preparation for the painting. Once these have been undercoated the rest of the job will follow pretty quickly - 1/3000th models are pretty straightforward to paint - even for me!

2 comments:

Geordie an Exiled FoG said...

Yo are making me feel all 1/3000 nautical again you bad man

I did want to fill in the minor Med nation fleets WWI/WWII

:)

David Crook said...

Hi Geordie,

Go on - you know you want to!
Actually it also gives me the chance to tackle some of the international shipping that was keeping the peace etc - Graf Spee actually saw action in a bombardment capacity.

All the best,

DC