Wednesday 23 November 2011

The Portable Naval War Game (Again)....Part 5

The much tidied draft is now ready for further testing and so I can now draw a line under this part of the project. I have a tendency to draft rules as a play sheet firstly and so this tends to get very congested as 'tweaks' arise through testing and rethinks. The next step will be to draw up the specifications of a selection of ships from my collection for use in further testing and so I shall be once again making use of my Conways and Janes (never a hardship it must be said!) for the details required.

In the fullness of time I hope to make the end result available for use outside of my cosy loft - I want to get some more game time under my belt first though.

Based on the first play test I am quietly confident though that this time I might just have cracked it - however, past experience has taught me not to count any chickens before they are hatched!

2 comments:

Peter Douglas said...

David

You've got some good ideas here. Any idea on when you'll share the full basket of goodies with us?

PD

David Crook said...

Hi Peter,

Hopefully sooner rather than later!

All the best,

DC