Wednesday 2 January 2013

New Year and Old Ideas

Firstly, a happy new year to one and all!

It has been rather busy over the last couple of days with family and friends and so it is rather nice to be able to sit down and take stock of what I want to do this year. The actual list is rather modest for me (which usually means I will be very vulnerable to the dreaded 'ooh shiny!' syndrome) but has the attraction of being achievable.

To begin with the first order of business is to get the 1/4800th scale ships painted for WW2 and so  I have been busy checking out my various supplies for the project. They should be very easy to tackle and so I am confident that they will be finished in fairly short order - famous last words? Perhaps, but we shall see.

I also want to get the Angels 20 aircraft repainted. I have absolutely no excuse for not having done this but will be making a start over the next few weeks - if only because they will break the monotony of endless shades of grey....pauses for an 'Ooooh, Matron! moment....;-)

I also have plans for a 20mm set up of some sort set in the Eastern Front circa 1942. This will not be large but will enable me (at last) to make up some tank kits again which should be fun.

I would also like to tackle something colourful on the figures front - and in 28mm - which goes completely against the grain for me with my well known phobia about painting anything organic. I have a couple of ideas in mind and will divulge the same in due course.

I would also like to make some 'cartoon style' warships for use with the various sets of rules I have but again, I have no concrete plans at the moment so will have to wait and see.

As far as games are concerned then of course the blocks will continue to be used and I have some plans for the Roghan Valley amongst other places - the Caucasus and Black Sea may also be featuring at some point.

I also want to get some Command and Colours Ancients games under my belt and get some use out the humongous selection of blocks etc.

The big thing for January though is Operation Seeadler which will now have the full attention of the opposing admirals now that Christmas and the New Year has been and gone.

If I were a gambling man then I reckon that some action may well be taking place in the forbidding wastes of the North Atlantic very soon, but then of course, I couldn't possibly comment.....;-)

I hope then, that your new year is as eventful on the gaming front as I am planning on mine being!

8 comments:

Robert (Bob) Cordery said...

It looks like you have a busy - and interesting - year ahead.

I look forward to following your progress.

All the best,

Bob

Battlescale said...

Happy New Year David. Look forward to your 2013 offerings!... especially your naval campaign.

All the best,
Steve

David Crook said...

Hi Bob,

I have decided that bite sized chunks are probably better than full sized meals - and luckily PW supports this very nicely!

First things first though and so the 1/4800th ships are taking centre stage for this month.

All the best,

DC

David Crook said...

Hi Steve,

....And to you sir! The naval campaign is probably just going to get interesting but then again, I couldn't possibly comment....;-)

All the best,

DC

Tim Gow said...

It's a plan. Which is better than no plan. Probably.

David Crook said...

Hi Tim,

You may think that, but I couldn't possibly comment....;-)

All the best,

DC

Geordie an Exiled FoG said...

A fertile thinking ground as ever

Have a good 2013 David!

David Crook said...

Hi Geordie,

Happy New Year to you as well old chap!

I think my 'wish list' will be well satisfied if I even complete half of it but it always helps to have an idea.

First up though - ships and aircraft!

All the best,

DC