Sunday 9 May 2021

Something New


Boot sale bargains and a first for me in the audible books stakes 

It is Sunday so once again SWMBO and I headed out to our local boot sale and today I was able to pick up a couple of bargains. The book cost me the princely sum of 50p and it has more than sufficient information for my needs for when I get to WW2 (again).

The audio book is a new one for me as I have never listened to one before! There are six CDs contained in the set and so the plan is to upload it to my iTunes account so that I can listen to it via my iPad on the train when I return to the city in July.

I suppose that it was somehow inevitable that my first foray into the world of audible books was The Seven Pillars of Wisdom given my interest in Lawrence of Arabia. I have a hardback copy of the Seven Pillars, a Kindle version, the film Lawrence of Arabia and the soundtrack so I guess this completed the set!

4 comments:

Steve J. said...

That book is very, very useful and an absolute bargain at 50p!

Ray Rousell said...

Great finds Dave!

David Crook said...

Hello there Steve J,

It was one of those books that I have been meaning to get for sometime but it always dipped below the acquisition radar - mainly I suppose due to current interests being elsewhere than WW2. I was very pleased to get it - it is very good condition with only some slight ‘sunning’ - and as you say, at 50p an absolute bargain!

All the best,

DC

David Crook said...

Hello there Ray,

I am now up an running in terms of boot sales acquisitions for this year and it was a very promising start!

I have dropped you an email by the way.

All the best,

DC