Wednesday 7 December 2011

At Long Last....


Mine, all mine....MWAHH, HAA, HAA HAAAA!!!!!

Finally, after an epic journey (as a result of usual my usual inexplicably delayed execution of intent!) my first copy of the Airfix Sink the Bismarck set arrived yesterday morning, courtesy of Ebay.

I cannot begin to tell you just how pleased I am to have this (and the knowledge that, ahem, Santa will be adding to the fun come 25/12!) and the central planning office (i.e. my head!) has been on overdrive ever since!  In truth I was hard pressed not to just get out the modelling tray and start on them there and then but luckily sanity prevailed and so I was able to restrain myself and so the box, after a quick examination (and noted that some of the smaller gun turrets have some skewed gun barrels....) the box was consigned to the naval section of my storage where the KGVs and the Gneisenaus awaited them.

The first thing that struck me though, seeing all the sprues of pieces, was how much material there is for that would be of much use in other models....;-)

4 comments:

Peter Douglas said...

David

So what are going to enjoy more - building the kits as designed or thinking up conversion ideas?

Enjoy

PD

David Crook said...

Hi Peter,

Ahem....er both....;-)

All the best,

DC

Tim Gow said...

Glad you are stocked up with these at last!

David Crook said...

Hi Tim,

Absolutely well worth the wait in no uncertain terms! I have lots of ideas for this little - far beyond that for which they were intended!

All the best,

DC