Monday 12 December 2011

Guns and Noses

With Christmas two weeks away and my daughter having her 16th birthday this week (lord alone knows where the years have gone!) it was a pretty busy weekend; darting hither and thither on various errands. As a result very little gaming related activity was undertaken other than swinging past Chris Hardman's house yesterday to collect the 'missing' Russian artillery for the Russo Turkish War collection. The Russians now have 9 guns and crews as well as a further 200 infantry and a couple of dozen Cossacks. I made a start on sorting the entire mountain of metal and now have a much clearer idea of what shape the final set up will take - and what will be disposed of in due course as the collection is way in excess of what I would be ever likely to need!

Whilst I was on my visit Chris very kindly showed me a box of the 15mm Plastic WW2 Russian and German infantry he has produced by theplasticsoldiercompany - and very nice they look as well. I was particularly interested in the Russians as I am considering using them as the basis for my 1935-40 Fezian and Rusland armies when I eventually get around to them. The box contains 130 figures and as long as you are not too fussy could be used for either side with a different paint job. A box of support weapons is due out at some point and they also produce some vehicles to go with the figures although are a little later than I would like. Having said that the Zvezda Art of Tactic 15mm models would suit admirably.

The reference to noses in the title of this post is due to the fact I have succumbed to a wretched cold and so the said part of my anatomy is rather resembling that of a certain seasonal reindeer that was not allowed to join in any reindeer games....;-)

The throat is worse though and as a contractor if I don't go into work then I don't get paid and so I am feeling particularly downhearted and unseasonable....Bah Humbug etc!

4 comments:

Robert (Bob) Cordery said...

David,

The Russian force seem to be taking shape ... and a very large shape it seems to be as well!

I have also looked at the plastic figures from theplasticsoldiercompany ... and mighty fine they are, too! Well worth considering for a mid-1930s project.

I hope your cold gets betters soon; mine is still hanging on despite plenty of 'treatments'!

All the best,

Bob

Conrad Kinch said...

Get well soon.

David Crook said...

Hi CK,

Thanks old chap! For me the worst aspect of having a cold is the fact that my attention span (never very long in the first place!) dwindles away to zero and so many things just don't get done.

All the best,

DC

David Crook said...

Hi Bob,

They will be just fine for what I am planning for Fezia and Rusland at some point in the future.

The RTW collection is enormous and far too large for my needs - a big chunk of it will be offloaded in due course.

Still, I can't really complain at the price!

All the best,

DC