Monday 26 December 2011

Phew! That has been exhausting but fun!


                                                             Rodrigo Díaz de Vivar "El Cid"

I have had a fantastic Christmas - albeit an exhausting one. The food and drink has been plentiful and the family has been on top form despite the lingering after effects of the various coughs, colds and other seasonal maladies.


Santa has been very generous this year and so I am now the proud owner of another two sets of Airfix 1:1200th scale Sink the Bismarck kits; a copy of Warhammer Historical's Gladiator rules and a number of Blu-rays for the collection including: Das Boot, Ben Hur, Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves and El Cid - which is one of my all time favourite films and would also be the only reason I would ever produce an 11th century army of any description.

All I need now then is a day or so on my own with a plate of Christmas comestibles and several glasses of seasonal good cheer and I shall be set fair for wargaming nirvana....;-)

8 comments:

Beccas said...

Great to hear you had a good Christmas. My house was full of food and I had trouble walking after Christmas dinner.

David Crook said...

Hi Beccas,

Seasonal greetings to you as well sir! The food, drink and company were top drawer and I was very pleased to go out for a long walk yesterday to walk some of it off!

All the best for the new year,

DC

Geordie an Exiled FoG said...

Food, family and a fantastic Christmas

All needed to weather the storms of 2012 but that can wait until the New Year

And we can all face it with new toys ;)

David Crook said...

Hi Geordie,

Lots of new toys and the associated ideas for 2012 - enough to keep me busy in any event!

All the best,

DC

Peter Douglas said...

David

Enjoy!

PD

PS thanks for the email with PNR

David Crook said...

Hi Peter,

No problemo - let me know how you get on and if you need any clarification of anything!

All the best,

DC

Paul O'G said...

Delighted to hear that you and the Clan had a wonderful Christmas!

David Crook said...

Hi Paul,

Cheers old chap!

A happy Christmas holiday to you and yours and I hope you are now settled in after the move!

All the best,

DC