Monday 3 October 2011

Back to Portable Naval Wargame Business

Right, no excuses - I have had a few days away from anything gaming related (I can't really count the loft move as this falls into the category of DIY!) and so this week I shall reapply myself to the Portable Naval Wargame.

I have a number of ideas to experiment with - all of which are new - and the focus is going to be on trying to fit the rules to the mechanics used in the land based Portable Wargame by Bob Cordery. My main reason for doing so is to ensure that the whole system has a degree of similarity so that making the transition from a land game to a naval version is a simple and seamless affair. This will also make the incorporation of both a land and a sea based set of rules easier from a campaign system perspective.

We shall see what we shall see....;-)

2 comments:

Robert (Bob) Cordery said...

David,

I am following a somewhat similar path. Once I have the PW2 rules 'firmed up', I intend to write some naval rules that will work seamlessly with them ... I hope!

All the best,

Bob

David Crook said...

Hi Bob,

Great news and so I hope the fusion of ideas will crank something out in due course!

All the best,

DC