Wednesday 12 October 2011

A Suitable Adornment....

A chance comment on my recent blog post celebrating the launch of the new Man Cave by that celebrated bon vivant, wit and raconteur - Conrad Kinch of  Joy and Forgetfulness fame - has got me thinking about the decor of the said room. The mention from this most worthy of gentlemen was that the room was missing any prints and so I pondered this comment at odd moments during the course of a rather busy but dull Tuesday.

I have decided that this would be a good idea and so the search is now on for a suitable print or prints with which to decorate the walls. The only criteria I have at the present time is that I really want the print to be of something that would be readily identifiable with my own rather eclectic taste in military and naval history. A print that would be a reflection of the likes and interests of its owner and so very much along the lines of a personal statement.

I should like to express my eternal thanks to Mr Kinch for this suggestion - as the epitome of good taste and a an all round 'good egg' it comes as no surprise that such an idea was his - and so the hunt is now well and truly joined and with the added bonus the blessing of SWMBO, primarily as it will solve the annual Xmas present problem.

The many adventures of Conrad Kinch can be found here:

Joy and Forgetfulness

and to use the phrase of the man himself - Click to embiggen!






4 comments:

Paul O'G said...

In my mind I envision a dreadnought era naval print on one wall, and a picture of the Russo-Turkish war on another!

Steve-the-Wargamer said...

As luck would have it the following arrived in my inbox this morning...

http://www.ospreypublishing.com/blog/get_canvas_prints_of_Osprey_art/

David Crook said...

Hi Paul,

Funny you say that.....;-)

All the best,

DC

David Crook said...

Hi Steve,

Now there is some inspiration!

Many thanks for the heads up!

All the best,

DC