Friday 14 October 2011

The Table has Landed!



I was lucky enough to able to secure the drop leaf table from my local scout group and after much huffing and puffing I was able to get it into the loft and set up. After a quick polish and the addition of a blue tablecloth followed by three quarters of a box of Hexon the end result you can see in the picture above.

The table is a little narrower than I would have liked but it is large enough for a 12 x 8 Hexon playing area which is the size I shall be using for most of my gaming activities.

I hope to run my first game in the new den this weekend so once again I shall be taking to the high seas.

10 comments:

Paul O'G said...

Great acquisition - Quite the business!

As as a Scout master myself, I'm delighted to a "good turn" done :-)

Mosstrooper said...

Looking good !.

David Crook said...

Hi Mosstrooper,

Cheers old chap! I am very pleased and am looking forward to some titanic struggles in the future!

All the best,

DC

David Crook said...

Hi Paul,

They even delivered it for me and so I made sure the donation to the group funds was a generous one!

All the best,

DC

Robert (Bob) Cordery said...

David,

Well done! It looks absolutely perfect for your purposes ... and no doubt at a fraction of the coast of buying a new one!

I look forward to seeing it in action.

All the ebst,

Bob

David Crook said...

Hi Bob,

The table has seen better days and is a little rough around the edges but it was very cheap and is certainly just right for my planned Portable-Wargame-and-a-half sized set up of 12 x 8!

I hope to have the first game on it tomorrow - the play test of the Portable Naval Rules.

All the best,

DC

Geordie an Exiled FoG said...

Hard core naval gaming follows

I am envious

Tim Gow said...

A great leap forward! I decided some years ago to focus on designing games which fitted on my own table. So far it's working pretty well.

David Crook said...

Hi Geordie,

Oh very much so old chap! I have a list of ideas a mile long!

All the best,

DC

David Crook said...

Hi Tim,

If I can manage to enjoy even half as much success as both you and Bob C have enjoyed then I shall be a happy chap indeed!

Seriously though, the 12 x 8 size suits me very well and I am already thinking about campaign styled actions.

Good times ahead I hope!

All the best,

DC