Saturday 1 October 2011

Lofty Aspirations....Part 2


Mont St. Michel - taken by Holly from the coach

After a couple of days of chilling out today has been very busy. Firstly we had the weekly shop to attend to - after we had given one of the Guinea Pigs his medication (I kid you not!). That took care of the morning and so this afternoon - before my daughter returned from France - I started on blitzing the loft prior to 'moving in'.

This entailed storing some large items in the eaves and so much sweat was expended trying to manoeuvre tables and such like into confined spaces. Eventually it was completed and the current storage unit was dismantled and consigned to the aforementioned eaves. Tomorrow will see the trip to Ikea to acquire the various end brackets I need - fortunately I have a supply of shelves and cross braces - for the new storage facility. I will have one floor to ceiling bookcase and three half the size. The half size versions will also have a top shelf so that items can be stored on them as well as in. I will post pictures of the den when completed - all being well this should be over the course of this and the next weekend.

Holly arrived home from France in good spirits but tired (they had been travelling since 3am)  and obviously in some discomfort with her knee. Accident aside she had a great time and took some very nice pictures whilst on her travels.

Good to have her home safe and (relatively) sound!

6 comments:

Robert (Bob) Cordery said...

David,

I look forward to seeing your new loft den when it is finished.

You struggles with developing a set of naval wargames rules has set me thinking, and I am doing some research for a long article for THE NUGGET. I will send you a draft when I have finished as you might find it interesting, and I would appreciate a critical eye run over it.

All the best,

Bob

David Crook said...

Hi Bob,

Now that the most painful part has been done (I am not as flexible as I was 30 years ago so crawling about in confined spaces is rather taxing, to say the least!)the rest should be relatively straightforward.

Happy to oblige re the Nugget article (246 arrived by the way)as and when.

All the best,

DC

Conrad Kinch said...

Best of luck - I got my own wargames room a few months ago and it is a constant source of good cheer.

David Crook said...

Hi CK,

Now that most of the reorganising has been taken off all I have to do is to move the entire collection in theloft!

Can't wait!

All the best,

DC

Paul O'G said...

I've been there! though it was awhile ago...

David Crook said...

Hi Paul,

I suspect your passport has a fair number of stamps on it...;-)

All the best,

DC