Friday 16 August 2024

Progress? Kind of, but S-L-O-W-L-Y!


It is getting there - note that the ships boats are shown purely for effect. 

It has been a funny old week and spare time has been at something of a premium! Five of my Lake Tanganyika models have been sealed prior to undercoating and painting but the sixth has caused me a few headaches - so much so that I more or less scrapped the original design and rebuilt it from the hull up. The result is that I am now far happier with how the Graf von Gotzen looks!

The ship’s boats are not fixed in place at present as I shall be painting them, along with the guns, cranes, funnels and flagstaff prior to final assembly.

You can see that a lot of filing has taken place but for my modelling that is quite usual!

The result of this delay means that my planned game for this weekend will not be taking place BUT, Laurel has a few social engagements next week so I should be able to run something then.

Assuming the DIY list does not grow anything else of course!

4 comments:

Steve J. said...

I look forward to seeing these all in action, next week all being well:).

David Crook said...

Hi Steve J,

I was pleased to get this model to where it is now - especially after a rather inauspicious start! The remaining elements of the build are all straightforward so at the very least I shall be painting over the next few days.

Laurel has a couple of lunches next week so I fully intend taking advantage of the time thus freed up!

All the best,

DC

Aly Morrison said...

Splendid stuff David…
I’m looking forward to seeing Mimi and Tou Tou in action…

All the best. Aly

David Crook said...

Hi Aly,

I am glad I persevered with this and am also looking forward to getting the collection into action. Needless to say there has already been some project creep….

All the best,

DC