Tuesday 20 August 2024

The Last Detail and News


Ship’s boats and the all important funnel


Cranes (left), masts and cocktail sticks destined for gun barrels and flagstaffs


Deck guns showing the breech….


….and the business end!

The above are a selection of close ups of the bits and pieces that are painted prior to final assembly. This is not new - I did similar when building the ACW ships - but it makes painting certain parts of the model easier. 

Sometime ago, in the early days of the ACW building project, I ordered a number of fairly generic looking odds and ends of ship superstructure with a view to making later period models - pre-dreadnoughts and similar. These will be very useful now as it means that I should be able to confine my Warbases orders to such things as hull templates or similar.

News

I mentioned previously that this whole WW1 Africa project has really inspired me and so I have taken the decision to expand it to include other areas apart from Lake Tanganyika. I am currently collating ideas for this - basically writing lists of ships that are likely to feature - and I am hoping to turn the whole thing into a campaign style setting ‘a la Madasahatta meets the Arab Revolt’.

Essentially then, a rehash of my old 1:2400th scale idea only this time I shall be building the models instead of buying them!



2 comments:

Aly Morrison said...

Coming along nicely David…
I am looking forward to seeing your toys in action

All the best. Aly

David Crook said...

Hi Aly,

Not long to go - bit of a distraction yesterday but all good otherwise.

All the best,

DC