Friday 20 March 2020

Planning a Napoleonic Adventure....Part 23


The style of base I am going for rather than the slot per base variety. This will give me more choice about units sizes as well enabling a particular scenic effect I am considering

It has finally happened in that I am now working from home for the foreseeable future. I am not surprised by this but I am fortunate in that pretty much most of my job (I am a recruitment manager) I can manage from home. As long as the WiFi is ok that is!

From the hobby perspective the big advantage of this is that I now have potentially an extra couple of hours a day spare as I will not have to worry about the commute. It is time that I should look to use wisely.

With this in mind I shall push on with painting the bases of the Del Prado collection and will also look to tackle the MDF hill sections I have. In support of this project I have ordered in some movement trays from Warbases. These are in two sizes - 25mm by 50mm and 50mm square. The smaller base can hold two foot or one mounted whilst the larger can hold two mounted or up to four foot figures.

The use of these movement trays will make life easier for a number of alternate rule sets I shall be using above and beyond the individually based Command and Colours derivative I am planning on using.

No comments: