A mounted Prussian commander sans the 40mm by 20mm MDF base he was originally on. He will soon be acquainted with his new 50mm by 25mm pill shaped base.
After a pretty grim week I am at last (I think) feeling a little more with it. The cough is still there and the throat is a little sore but not as angry as earlier in the week. I still ache and am a little feverish but I reckon I am on the mend. I certainly feel a little better in myself.
The chap you see above is one of the first figures I have removed from their MDF base following an overnight soak. The two units I had in soak were based one on card and the other on MDF. The cardboard bases come away far more easily as you would expect but the MDF is a slightly more tricky proposition. I found that after its soaking the MDF tended to peel away in layers which is fine. I will need to careful though and remember to bend the base and not the figure. For those figures that had flock applied I will need to use something like an old toothbrush or one of those small inter dental brushes - especially for the cavalry - and again, exercise a degree of caution.
I am not going to rush this part of the process and am expecting to spend several months on it. I shall also be attending to any minor repairs and addressing the modest paint conversions I am planning.
On a separate note
There are a number of friends that read the blog that are currently awaiting parcels from yours truly. To these stalwart denizens I can only apologise for the delay but I am confident that normal service will be resumed shortly so many thanks for your patience during my illness.