What a winning combination of useful titles with which to base a project around! Methinks these will be rather well-thumbed by the time the models are ready!
For a variety of reasons, my planned book for Pen and Sword is now in a bit of a temporary holding pattern so I have taken the opportunity to look at something else. The Portable Ironclads Wargame: Definitive Edition, is going to be the title that completes the trilogy started with the Portable Ironclads Wargame. Essentially it will compromise the best bits from the two existing volumes with a chunk of new stuff. There will be an updated bibliography, the final version of the rules (no real changes here, just a tidy up), additional ship specifications and not one but three battle reports.
The ACW will feature, along with the War in the Pacific and for the alternative history entry, the Anglo Turkish War of 1883. All the models used will be my own scratch builds and I am toying with the idea of including some building instructions - a ‘how to’ if you like - for making one’s own models.
Unsurprisingly, there is a lot of material than can be used straight off the bat from the two previous volumes but it is worth emphasising that this final version will contain sufficient new material to make it a worthwhile acquisition, this is especially important if you already have the two previous volumes!
The box of Royal Navy and Ottoman Turkish ironclads already under construction
In the short term my main focus will be shipbuilding - at this stage the two dozen or so RN and Turkish Ironclads - and so I will need to scope out the ships for the War in the Pacific. Luckily I have a couple of very handy references for this and guess what? I already have the ensigns!


No comments:
Post a Comment