The box art….
….and the rear showing some of the counters and a section of the map
Anyways, fast forward to 2026 and VUCA Simulations have released a game called The Far Seas that covers German cruiser operations at the outset of WW1. I have had my eye on this for sometime and so finally pulled the trigger and acquired a copy.
What can I say? Well, to begin with the production quality is of the highest standard. All the components, counters, the mounted map board, tokens, charts and tables and the rule book are quite frankly, outstanding!
The game is designed for two players but does come with a full solo system and a dedicated counter sheet for this version. I will let the pictures do the talking.
The rulebook, record pad and charts etc. Note the solo version of the game charts.
The three counter sheets. Number three is for the solo game.
The mounted map board. The rectangular section along the bottom edge is used for resolving tactical battles.
The rest of the components, a D6, wooden cubes etc and three drawstring bags.
I am really delighted to have a copy of this and am looking forward to getting it to the table. The rulebook is fairly daunting but mercifully is not written in bible print and features many diagrams and examples of play etc. The learning scenario is a straightforward tactical battle - Coronel to be exact, with the Falklands featuring as well - to ease you into the system and already I have plans featuring models….
For a variety of reasons, specifically a very trying couple of weeks, this arrival has given my weary spirit a much needed boost!






No comments:
Post a Comment