Saturday 21 November 2009

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away.........Part 2

Events have moved on from my previous post and I have been pleased with the response it has received from various quarters. The second part of this project is the announcement that I have drafted a set of spaceship combat rules based on my earlier DBSA naval gridded set. These have been drafted in their entirety should anybody want a set but they are completely untested. I will not be able to test them for a while as I am busy with college stuff for the next few weeks as well as preparing for an assessment day with a Financial Services training provider (I am really pleased to have been given the opportunity for this) with a potential job offer at the end of it (Huzzah!!!).

My blue gridded cloth will suffice for use with these rules as the blue is a very nice 'night' shade so I will be able to give the rules a run fairly soon. Fortunately, the members of SEEMS have a multitude of space ship fleets ready at a moments notice to do battle so this wont be a problem.

As it stands at the time of writing I am in the unenviable position of having a set of rules but no models to game them with. This minor oversight will soon be rectified however, and in quite a novel and inexpensive fashion..................................;-)

2 comments:

Paul O'G said...

Bravo Sir!

David Crook said...

Many thanks old boy! Wait and see what is coming from the Rayleigh Factorium................;-)