Friday 6 January 2012

The First of the Many....(I hope!)



I have decided that this weekend I will play a war game at some point. Of necessity it will be a solo affair in the newly tidied man cave. I say tidied because up until Tuesday the boxes used for the Christmas decorations were in plain sight (they live the rest of year tucked away from view in the eaves of the roof) but they are now stored in their customary space until next December.

I shall spend the time today pondering exactly what I shall play - I feel like trying another land action rather than naval - and when having done so will make the appropriate preparations. It may well be something removed entirely from my current interests but variety is the spice of life they say. I will try to avoid this 'dabbling' from growing into a full grown new project though and so will endeavour to keep such excursions into other periods as 'one offs'. I will of course report the action on the blog with the accompanying photos and have also decided to number the games I play in order to see haw many I manage to fit in over the year!

Needless to say I am looking forward to it!

5 comments:

Tim Gow said...

Excellent news! I look forward to reading the report.

Paul O'G said...

well me and the Lad got 2 full matches of today in our new Man cave!

Conrad Kinch said...

Forward young Crook!

David Crook said...

Hi Tim/Paul and CK,

I am really looking forward to getting my first game of 2012 underway - and it will be a Napoleonic bash.

CK - I am uncertain of when the last time was that I was called young but thank you anyway!

All the best,

DC

David Crook said...

Hi CK,

Just a thought, is that debonair and rakish looking chap depicted in my post any relation? I thought I saw a vague similarity....;-)

All the best,

DC