Sunday 22 January 2012

In Terraining - The Hexon Way

I own in my collection two sets of Hexon terrain tiles and I am very pleased with them both - the blue and the green flocked set. I have used the blue set on numerous occasions but as yet not the green set. The main reason for this is the absence of any suitable terrain in the shape of roads, rivers and such like. Buildings I have plenty of - the Town in a Bag wooden variety and my Greek ceramics - and a reasonable selection of 'greenery'. I experimented with using felt for roads and rivers but not with any great success. This was the primary reason for my using the Axis and Allies maps for my block games. Well, with a deep intake of breath, I ordered a selection of the scenic pieces available - hills, rivers (actually streams) and roads. I also ordered a bag of the appropriately coloured flock for use with figure bases as and when I get to them.

Hexon looks really attractive and I have been planning this for some time and so I am pleased to have finally been able to secure what will be the missing link in my set up.

The last few days have, for a variety of reasons, given me much food for thought about my gaming plans for the year and I hope to post in a few days the results of my far reaching deliberations.

2 comments:

Paul O'G said...

You'll find the difference amazing!

David Crook said...

Hi Paul,

I certainly hope so! I am planning something rather special for the inaugural game when it all arrives - hopefully in a few days.

All the best,

DC