Friday 20 September 2024

Flags for Afrabia


1:900th on the left and 1:1200th on the right. The Union Jack, Belgium and WW1 German.

I mentioned previously that I was waiting on some more flags for my Lake Tanganyika/Afrabia project. I have these printed by Tony at Brigade Games and the first thing that struck me when building the original batch of models was that my usual size of flag would be too large for the smaller vessels! Happily Tony is used to resizing this type of things so getting a selection printed in 1:1200th and 1:900th was easily done.

In truth I did not need many and so now have plenty of spares but the selection you see above will come in useful for the additional models I am planning. 

To start with I need to build some Belgian ships - only two or three - and I am also planning some forts/harbours etc. This will explain the national flags rather than the naval ensigns. One of the Union Jacks will feature on the model of the African Queen to finish her off. 

All being well I should have the Belgian ships built over the weekend - along with a couple of surprise items….

All will be revealed soon.

No comments: