Tuesday 8 October 2024

Making Plans


I am the first to admit that I am not really a draughtsman but Martin at Warbases has the uncanny ability to be able to translate my crude sketchings!

The above are the first seven sheets of designs for Warbases for the models I shall be building for the Anglo Turkish War of 1880. There will be a goodly selection of types for both sides and have certainly gone over the planned sixteen models!

As ever I am using my standard hull template - in various lengths as required - which is rather full at both the bow and stern and with dead straight sides. Bamboo skewers (3mm thick and ideal for masts) and wooden cocktail sticks (2mm thick and usable for spars, deck guns and flagstaffs) along with card squares and rectangles (5mm square or 5mm x 10mm and usable for gun ports and deck hatch covers) and lashings of superglue will be the order of the day for sure!

I am really looking forward to cracking on with this lot but first need to clear a small backlog of Lake Tanganyika and San Pablo stuff - more of which later.

No comments: