The soft-back, slip-cased edition of the old Salamander Publishing large format ACW trilogy
As is customary for a Sunday morning during the summer (and early Autumn) months, Laurel and I headed out to our usual boot sale for a bargain hunt. For the first time since I cannot remember when, Laurel did not buy a thing whereas yours truly picked up a number of items, the only one of interest you would have seen is in the picture above!
I have owned all three of the above in hardback but they left the collection years ago, probably during one of my periodic ‘downers’ on the period. They are essentially picture heavy ‘coffee table’ style books but are worth having all the same. In many ways they are a similar offering to the Time Life ACW series - which I also own, all 28 volumes thereof - but with more colour present. I am still undecided about the land aspects of the ACW as being something I want to pursue gaming-wise although Des Darkin’s recent set of rules has certainly given me something to think about.
The condition of the set is first class. They do not look like they have been read and the only very minor issue is some very light fading to the slipcase. When I say light I mean very light and barely noticeable.
The set was not something I was looking for but for £2 it was an easy decision to make and in truth, I am pleased to welcome these back into the collection.
If only they were the hardback editions….

No comments:
Post a Comment