Saturday 2 May 2020

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times....

I do not suffer from depression in the clinical sense. I have experienced a mild form once that required a visit to the doctor - I did not take the offered medication - but other than that my mental health has been fairly robust over the nearly sixty years I have been on this earth. For sure I have made some monumental errors of judgement over the years - errors that caused a good degree of, shall we say, anxiety - but despite the ongoing peaks and troughs have always managed to maintain a modicum of sang froid if you like.

I really feel like I have hit a brick wall at the moment. I have a golden opportunity to tackle umpteen projects but nothing seems to be registering at present. I have not been sleeping particularly well (although last night was an exception - the light went off and I was asleep before the room went dark)  and feel as a result, rather listless, lethargic and sloth-like.

There is no one reason I can pin this on, rather it is a combination of circumstances and situations.

I know it will pass in a day or three but in the meantime I am just going to allow myself to meander. I have put everything gaming related (other than reading old blog posts) to one side and will pick something up once I am feeling ‘on my game’ again.

In the meantime, take care and stay well and I will see you on the other side.

No comments: