Tuesday 15 August 2023

“Get Away From Her, You B***h!”


Once again the box lid….


….and the back. Note the fearsome looking Alien Queen.

The final part of my Aliens adventure arrived this morning, titled as it is from the iconic showdown scene between Riley in her power loader and the Alien Queen. Contained in this expansion are extra double sided game boards, more cards and counters and of course, the last of the figures.

I now have all I need to kick the whole Aliens thing off but first of all the models need assembling. The humans are quite straightforward but the Aliens need a little more work. The tails have been identified as being a bit of a weak point which will need to addressed with some pinning. 

I was pleased to see that the power loader can be assembled with or without the Ripley figure - this is useful as the power loader in the game can be used by any character. Ripley in the driving seat would be more appropriate though.

I have no fears over the assembly of the models but I will need to think about the painting and so some research will be needed and I think you can guess what that might be!


4 comments:

The Good Soldier Svjek said...

Been aware of this game and sorely tempted as I was very into the films , I must check if there are any'how to play' videos on YouTube.

David Crook said...

Hello there Good Soldier Svjek,

I have to say it looks really good from what I have been resding of the rules thus far - think of it as being like Space Hulk on steroids!

I had not thought about checking You Tube but believe there are some bits and bobs that could be useful.

All the best,

DC

Geordie an Exiled FoG said...

Cool

David Crook said...

Hi Geordie,

Absolutely!

All the best,

DC