Sunday 11 April 2010

Mars Attacks!!!


Another Sunday, another boot sale. Today we hit the Dunton boot sale which is huge (and took us nearly 45 minutes to get away from!) and once again I managed to score some unexpected goodies.


First up and featuring in the picture above is a trio of plastic four legged robot type machines. I am not sure but I have a feeling these have featured on Doctor Who at some point so if anybody can shed any light on their origins then I would appreciate it. They stand around 35mm high and will fit nicely onto a 40mm square base so will feature as Martians in my Land Ironclads set up. They are painted silver with a single red 'eye' and the only thing I may do to them apart from basing them is to lightly black wash the legs so as the detail is picked out. They are very nice and the three models cost me 30p in total.


I also puchased a Games Workshop bundle for £5 which was obviously the result of a former gamer clearing out their old stuff prior to heading off to the untold delights of university or somesuch. For the £5 I acquired the following: 3 Games Worshop paint brushes (unused), 3 tins of Humbrol enamel paint (again unused and they are colours that I use!), a painted Bloodbowl team (ebay here we come for that methinks!), assorted plastic and metal Orcs and Goblins (about a dozen or so), a Space Dwarf (Squat) on a chopper style motorbike, most of a Bugmans Brewery beer wagon, an Epic metal Imperial Guard Mole (the small one - rather like the one from Thunderbirds), a pack of GW static grass and an unopened pack of GW hedges and wall sections - designed for 28mm. I shall keep the brushes, paint, grass and the Imperial Mole (this looks suitably VSF) but the rest will be 'outed' - probably at the club first and then ebay.
All in all then, not a bad weekend on the boot sale front!

6 comments:

Steve said...

I think they are the robotic spiders from the End of Time episode. Two came with the Rose 5" figure and three with the Cassandra figure.

David Crook said...

Hi Steve,

Thanks for that - I will certainly keep an eye out for some more at 10p each! I know they have 4 legs but I am not bothered by that - if I wanted to I could probably fashion a tube type launcher to mount on the disc in some way but will probably leave them as is.

All the best,

Ogre

Paul O'G said...

Great finds mate, and the BB team will get you some good coin too!

David Crook said...

Hi Tas,

My thoughts entirely! I am going to try and get some more of the Robot Spiders as they look really good for Martians.

Ogre

SteelonSand said...

Wowza! Those are fantasamogorical! you have made me well and truly jealous...what a find...and at a measly few pence each....Martian dreadnought class, perhaps - hence the fourth leg!
Can't wait to see them in action.

David Crook said...

Hi SoS,

My thoughts entirely re the Martians. I am going to try and source some more as they are really good. 10p has to be the bargain of the year thus far!

I have been working on a flying saucer fleet that these may go with so obtaining some more at the same price would be great!

All the best,

Ogre