Tuesday 14 September 2010

The Next 300.....................

After having looked over the last 300 posts I decided that a number of outstanding issues needed to be addressed - not only in the seemingly never ending pile of projects I keep landing myself with but also in respect of the blog itself. I suppose that nearing my 50th birthday has made me feel all philosophical to an extent and so this 'reorganisation of the reorganisation' is pretty much a logical extension.

I won't weary you with yet another list of projects (replacing the last sixteen or so!) but I will mention about the changes to the blog. Firstly, Ogrefencer is no more and so I am back in the real world under my own name and not one borrowed from a classic Sci-fi boardgame (OGRE being the game and FENCER being my preferred cybertank variant). Gone is the picture of Sultan Sulieman the Magnificent and instead you now have the dubious delight of my own mugshot (taken incidentally on our recent holiday in Turkey - by one of the hotel swimming pools). The jury is out on this one as I don't want to scare anyone off so it may change again at some point!

The reason for this is that hopefully, at some point in the future, whilst I am wondering around at a wargaming event somewhere someone may recognise me and come up and say hello! I realise that sounds very sad but it is always nice to meet in the flesh those people they we usually only interact with via cyberspace!

I will be opening up some new folders as well as some of them are getting a little on the unwieldy side.

Meanwhile, back to the project list...........;-)

6 comments:

Robert (Bob) Cordery said...

Orgefencer,

Congratulations on reaching the 300 mark!

All the best,

Bob

David Crook said...

Hi Bob,

Many thanks! I enjoy the whole blogging thing enormously and so amd hoping to reach another 300 in due course.

All the best,

David

SteelonSand said...

Hi David, congratulations on your latest milestone - hope to see lots more of the same in the future....
I'll think I'll still call you 'Ogre', though - and that's no reflection on your latest mugshot! :-)

David Crook said...

Hi SoS,

I have a number of ideas for the autumn/winter months that will feature in due course - as well as a few surprises!

Thanks for the comments etc as ever!

All the best,

DC

Paul O'G said...

well done and bravo old boy!!!

David Crook said...

Cheers Tas - I have partaken in a modest quart of Madeira by way of a celebration. You should read Squire Haggard's Juornal to savour the full effect of such observations!

Cheers,

DC