Action on the High Seas (and on squares) as a Confederate raider attempts to evade a Union patrol. This particular scenario was based on the WW2 Battle of the River Plate.
Against the backdrop of the impending arrival of several metric tons worth of 20mm WW2 kit I have been busy beavering away at what will become the follow on title to the Portable Ironclads Wargame - the rather unoriginal title you see at the header of this post!
It was moving along at a rather sedate pace but is now most certainly heading into the final lap. The provisional chapter list looks a little like this:
3. Thoughts on Initiative and Movement
4. More Thoughts on Movement
5. Thoughts on Firing
6. More thought on Firing
7. Using Squares
8. Expanded ACW Ship Specs
9. A Battle Report using some of the above optional rules and fought on a square grid
10. The War in the Pacific - An Overview
11. War in the Pacific Ship Specs
12. Final Thoughts and Next Steps
13. The Portable Ironclad Wargame - An Errata (surprisingly small but included to tidy up a few things)
Once again it is very much a collaborative effort and will be published by Eglinton Books as part of the Portable Wargame stable. The Editor in Chief - Bob Cordery - will be penning a chapter for inclusion in the book and David Manley has supplied some pictures along with both sets of ship specs (that I have then amended into the Portable Ironclads Wargame format). It should be available soon(ish) in the same formats as previously so PDF, Kindle, soft and hardback.
I have a few pictures to organise for the chapters on movement and naturally the battle report needs to be written - once I have decided what to do and have written it up!