Tuesday 29 June 2010

Greek G's and the H Class Destroyer

I mentioned in my previous post that I would be using the Axis and Allies: War at Sea model of the V.Olga - the Greek G class destroyer as the G class contingent for the Royal Navy. Whilst looking into this class of British destroyers I then discovered that the H class was a direct follow on and so the model could easily be used for that class as well. There was a sub group of Hs that were built for Brazil (and looked slightly different) but the main bulk of the class can be happily replicated by using the Greek G class model - along the same lines as the J/K/N class model already present in the range. This is good news for the Royal Navy gamer as it adds a further selection of pre war destroyers to the range available. For my own purposes I will need to add a further 6 of the models to be used as the H class.

The Greek model is painted in a dazzle scheme so I suspect I will repaint them to an overall light grey - as I did with the Canadian Tribal class destroyers (before the plan grey HMS Cossack was released!).

No comments: