Saturday 18 December 2010

Work + Long Hours = Minimal Time for Models!!

It has been an insane week at work as everybody tries to clear their desks in time for the holiday. I have been no exception to this as once Christmas Eve gets here I shall be finishing up until the New Year so am looking forward to spending time at home with the family, no doubt eating and drinking to excess and enjoying the best that the TV can come up with!

As a result of this work related activity I have been less than productive on the modelling front although I have managed to cut and shape eight more hulls for the various side wheel gunboats and rams I am building next. I have given some thought to monitors and have decided that the turrets are going to be made from plastic tube with plastic card for the roof. I have sourced a supplier for this as well which is handy -http://www.model-dockyard.com/index.html - especially as the turrets will be around half an inch wide. Tubing of this size will be doubly useful when I start on the pre dreads in due course.

I also joined the Ironclads yahoo group and was delighted to see some of the contents of the files and photos sections. There were several ACW rule and campaign ideas and some fantastic scratch built models so it was all very inspiring.

2 comments:

Paul O'G said...

I feel your pain mate - I've been living that equation for some time now!

David Crook said...

Hi Tas,

For sure though mate - your wait and the work/life balance equation has certainly been worth while!!

All the best,

DC