Monday 13 June 2011

Not Quite What I Had in Mind!

You know how it is. You have a couple of busy weeks where you seem to be running around like the proverbial headless chicken with little or no time for anything practical (I know, I went to Duxford and Sittingbourne and whilst they were enormous fun it meant I was not painting or anything similar) and just when you are in the position to tackle the said practical task something else crops up out of the woodwork to scupper your plans. In my case it was work today.

A systems upgrade at work over the weekend meant that I was delayed by some three hours this morning in that it was three hours before I could start my daily round. By virtue of skipping lunch and working like a beaver I was able to get away at a sensible time but am now feeling so drained that any thoughts of painting this evening have gone out of the window. It would not be so bad if it was just the 'slop-it-on-and-try-not-to-get-too-much-over-where-you-don't-need-it' but I am at a fiddly stage on the current batch of ironclads and so the need for precision is paramount. This is not a job to tackle when tired (at least it is not for me) and so I shall postpone the session until tomorrow.

Instead I have a couple of gaming related chores to attend to - printing off some rules and making a couple of lists so I shall tackle these as an alternative to my original plan. Less productive perhaps but at least the evening will not be entirely written off!

No comments: