Tuesday 28 June 2011

The Matter of Size or Size Does Matter

My post of yesterday (http://awargamingodyssey.blogspot.com/2011/06/portable-naval-wargame-slight-misnomer.html) perhaps needs a little clarification as to what my intentions are in respect of the size of playing area I will be using for the Portable Naval Wargame. Originally I had planned to use an 8 x 8 hexed playing area made up of my Hexon tiles. As it stands this will be OK for smallish action - certainly the first play test was fine on the 9 x 8 I used - and I will use this for such. However, for what can only loosely be described as a 'normal' sized actions (perhaps a dozen ships a side) then the playing area will need to be larger and so I shall opt for a 12 x 8. The two sizes - 9 x 8 and 12 x 8 - are made up by solely using the Hexon 6 hex tiles and so this is easier to set up (not that it is difficult by any means) in a hurry.

Visually the larger size does look better with the 1/3000th models and this will certainly be the case with the larger scratch builds I shall be undertaking for the Balkan War in due course.

No comments: