Thursday 11 April 2013

The Painter's Progress....Part 5

Today I managed to apply the first dry brush to the 16 pre dreadnoughts and then had a slight change of plan. I am now going to tackle these in two batches of 8. The split is between the coastal defence battleships and the front line versions. I am doing this solely because it will be quicker and it also will mean I can get them into action much sooner. For the record, I am tackling the bigger ships of the two types so the small coastal defence battleships will have to wait until next week.

The small 'pure pleasure of painting' project is at the varnishing stage and the basing will be tackled tomorrow. I am rather pleased with the way it has turned out although half of it has suffered from being a fairly poor casting. All being well I will have them up on the blog tomorrow.

Still no word re my second interview of yesterday - hopefully I will have some news tomorrow but I suspect it will now be next week.

I am not keeping my fingers crossed simply because it makes holding a paint brush rather awkward....;-)

6 comments:

Bluebear Jeff said...

My best wishes for a happy response from your interview, Sir.


-- Jeff

Ray Rousell said...

Fingers crossed about the job!

David Crook said...

Hi Jeff,

Hopefully I will have some news today and thank you for your best wishes.

All the best,

DC

David Crook said...

Hi Ray,

If it comes in I may even make it to Salute!

All the best,

DC

Geordie an Exiled FoG said...

Painting is a funny "mood thing" for me

Hence the bulk of unpainted plastic and lead

Maybe I need "painting mood" music
Any suggestions?

David Crook said...

Hi Geordie,

If I listen to anything at all when painting I tend to favour quiet stuff without any great surprises in it and then it tends to fade into the background and is ignored completely!

Joking aside I tend not to listen to much when painting although I do like to have something on gaming - especially as I tend to talk through the action whilst I am fighting it.

All the bst,

DC