Sunday 13 May 2018

A Diverting Afternoon

No boot sale today - SWMBO and I had a leisurely morning pottering about the house and attending to a few domestic chores. I was however, able to spend some time in the man cave with a paint brush which makes a change. I am not going to go into details about exactly what I was painting- you will see it shortly - but suffice it to say it is relevant to what I am looking at presently.

One of the great things about being the blogoverse is the fact that the efforts of others can help to inspire ones own efforts and this is certainly true for me at the moment. Seeing other people churning out huge numbers of figures, vehicles, ships or whatever certainly helps to keep me on my toes!

In connection with what I am painting at present I have been looking at some old school rules to use with the output and I reckon I have found just the thing. The rules are from the 1970s and whilst I they would not ordinarily be my first port of call after rereading them I think that they have some potential. 

There is a game planned - number 53 - and the preparation for this is already in hand. In fact I have already drafted the first part of the action which will serve to set the scene.

No more details for the moment - I want to maintain the element of surprise!

No comments: